Application & Interview Process
Applying to work with us
We receive an average of 80 applications per role. Here’s what we look for and how to make your application stand out.
- Skills that fit – For your sake and ours, we ensure skillsets and experience match the work that needs to be done. Tailoring your CV helps emphasise the skills we’re looking for. Graduate? Lacking formal work experience? That doesn’t mean you don’t have the skillset, it just means you need to tell us about the relevant work you’ve done at school or in your community.
- Specificity – We want to hear about your projects — the challenges, the lessons and especially the results.
- Clarity – We cut the fluff, so applications that do the same stand out. Keep things clear and concise.
- Examples – Who doesn’t like seeing creativity in action? Double-check whether your application requires a portfolio, coding examples or other samples of work.
Interviewing with us
We will review your application and following this, you may be selected for an interview. The process looks like this:
- First interview – This is your chance to get to know us, and for us to get to know you. That includes your experience, why you’re considering WPP AUNZ, your goals, what you want from the role, what you enjoy, who you are.
- Second and third interviews – If you’re asked to return for further interviews, you’ll likely meet with business leaders or potential colleagues. These interviews often give you a chance to see the work environment for yourself and get a feel for culture.
- Competency assessments – For some roles, you may be asked to complete an assessment or skills test. We’ll brief you in advance so you’re able to prepare for specific questions or tasks.