Named ‘Leader’ for strategic and creative services, data-driven CX and commerce
Wunderman Thompson has been named a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies.
Highlighting Wunderman Thompson for providing marketers with differentiating creative capabilities and strategic consulting services.
Gartner Magic Quadrants are based on a rigorous, fact-based analysis backed up by a highly structured methodology.
As described by Gartner, "Leaders possess deep, broad capabilities across all marketing competencies, most notably related to strategic services for marketing teams (which include business strategy and digital business transformation skills).”
“Leaders also implement comprehensive, effective solutions at global scale. Leaders are the providers to watch in the ongoing evolution and transformation of marketing in a digital world. The market for global marketing agencies is highly mature.
“Most agencies profiled in this Magic Quadrant have been in business for decades and possess robust staffing and technology depth across marketing disciplines, along with a breadth of enterprise clients across industries.”
“We are immensely proud to be a market leader and to be recognised for this achievement,” says Wunderman Thompson Australia CEO, Lee Leggett.
“Being named a Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant is proof of the Wunderman Thompson magic I see in action every single day.”
“It’s a real credit to our excellent team of experts creating world class brand experiences across all customer touch points and clear evidence of our continued commitment to delivering clients with the very best capabilities and solutions available.”
“This recognition comes at a pivotal time for Australian brands as they crave the very best business strategy, marketing and technology available to help them navigate and grow in this post-COVID era,” said Leggett.
Wunderman Thompson has achieved ‘Leader’ status in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Global Marketing Agencies every year since being established as an agency brand in 2019.
Gartner highlighted Wunderman Thompson’s advanced e-commerce capabilities for global clients and expertise in data-driven experience design, as well as the strength of its client roster across B2B and B2C brands.
Key attributes that make Wunderman Thompson stand out in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant include:
● its focus on data-driven experience design to help clients optimise customer interactions at scale;
● having clients that are both B2B and B2C brands within technology, retail and consumer packaged goods industries;
● the launch of INSPIRE global study of 33,000 brands across 183 categories and 45markets - empowering the agency to better identify opportunities to build growth strategies based on bridging gaps in customer perception.
Leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant:
● maintain a viable business, regardless of the global economy.
● extend their client relationships far beyond marketing promotions, often appearing on competitive bids outside their primary sector (for example, management consulting, product ideation and product development requests for quotations).
● help their clients develop digital marketing platforms designed for systemic growth and scale
● harness their own significant expertise implementing digital marketing programs driven by data and analytics.
Wunderman Thompson’s strengths as defined by Gartner:
● Global scale: 17,000 employees dispersed across the globe, with more than half the team based outside North America and Western Europe. With almost 4,000employees based in APAC, and over 600 in China alone - offering global brands broad reach and scale to deliver integrated campaigns.
● Digital commerce: Advanced digital commerce capabilities that are a fundamental part of its offering. The agency’s significant focus on digital commerce is reflected in its revenue model.
● Data-driven CX: The agency’s continued investment and growth of capabilities that bring together proprietary research with cognitive science and behavioural economics. This enables it to help clients create CX programs powered by research, data and insights that deliver financial results.